Whether it is bill payments or funds transfer internet banking allows you to do it in a fast and convenient way. However, this facility needs to be used very carefully due to the risk of phishing/fraudulent means of attaining your confidential banking information.
Safe banking to you all!
- Change your password regularly
- Do not use Public Computers to login, Avoid accessing Internet banking accounts from cyber cafes or shared PCs.
- Do not share your details with anyone
- Keep checking your savings account regularly
- Always use licenced anti-virus software, Scan your computer regularly with Antivirus to ensure that the system is Virus/Trojan free.
- Disconnect the internet connection when not in use
- Access your bank website only by typing the URL in the address bar of your browser. Do not click on any links in any e-mail message to access the site.
- Be aware of downloading any malicious application from mobile application stores
- Do not be lured if you receive an e-mail/SMS/phone call promising reward for providing your personal information or for updating your account details in the bank site.
- Use Newer version of Operating System with latest security patches.
- Firewall must be enabled. Install a personal firewall to help prevent hackers from gaining unauthorised access to your home computer, especially if you connect to the Internet through a cable or a DSL modem (Broadband).
- Change your Internet Banking password at periodical intervals.
- Always check the last log-in date and time in the post login page.
- Your password should be complex and difficult for others to guess. Use letters, numbers and special characters [such as !,@, #,$, %, ^, &,* (, )] in your passwords.
- For additional security to financial transactions through Internet Banking, create and maintain different passwords for log-in and for transactions.
- Always log out when you exit the online banking portal. Close the browser to ensure that your secure session is terminated. Never exit simply by closing the browser.
- Don't leave the PC unattended after keying in information while transacting on the web site.
- Don't fill out forms in e-mail messages that ask for personal financial information, like account or credit card numbers.
- Don't select the option on browser that stores or retains user name and password (ie Auto Complete).
- If you have several bank accounts, avoid using the same online banking password for all.